The final price you’ll pay for your own garage will vary based on several factors, some in your control and others not.
Pricing Factors For Vehicle Storage
How much does it cost to build a steel garage? When calculating the cost of your ideal garage, it’s important to consider several important factors.
- Garage use: Is your garage just going to protect your vehicle from the elements or are you building a multi-use garage with a workshop area or extra space and loft?
- Garage size: Depending on the number and size of the cars or trucks or campers, the length of and width, the amount steel used, impact garage building costs.
- Site location: Wind and snow load requirements for a garage may require different designs or a thicker gauge of steel which can save or cost when building a garage.
- Garage component parts: Customization options, like garage doors, endwalls and any weather proofing (if needed), should be priced into your garage budget.
- Quonset assembly method: A majority of our customers assemble their garages themselves. However, some opt to hire a contractor at an additional cost, which can increase their overall building price.
Garage cost per square foot estimates
The exact cost per square foot will vary depending on some of the pricing factors we’ve discussed but if you’re looking for a general idea of the prices, you can expect to spend between $14 – $20+ per square foot. Below are some examples: