Steel building kits designed just for Washington.
Washington Metal Buildings: Prefab Garages, Carports, Barns & More
Whether you’re looking to store your equipment for your apple farm in Yakima or need a building that meets the Washington state energy code in Tacoma, SteelMaster has the perfect building for you.
Washington Metal Buildings: FAQs
What makes Quonset huts cost effective?
SteelMaster has decades of experience selling buildings to residential, commercial and industrial customers and government agencies in the Evergreen State.
- Cost Savings On Buildings: SteelMaster Quonset huts offer you amazing quality at a price that will meet your budget. In fact, there are several ways you’ll save money with our metal structures.
- Build-it-Yourself and Save: In most cases, there’s no need to pay barn builders to assemble your prefabricated building kit. The simple nature of the Quonset hut’s assembly allows a majority of our customers to put their buildings up themselves. Your SteelMaster building is made with predrilled holes and bolts as the only required fasteners for construction, meaning a lot of work of measuring and drilling is already done for you.
- Low Maintenance Costs: SteelMaster’s metal Quonset Huts are noted for their low maintenance for several reasons:
- Corrosion resistance: Our steel prefabricated buildings are sold worldwide and can adapt to any climate. They can withstand corrosion in highly humid environments, whereas traditional wood buildings can get moist and rot.
- Durability: Unlike steel buildings, fabric and plastic roof coverings have a limited lifespan. The fabric rests on supporting poles, causing the roof seams to sustain some of the tent’s weight. Over time, this can cause wear and tear to the fabric.
- Easy to upkeep: Fabric buildings must constantly be cleaned to avoid mold and pests. The overlapping metal arch design of our prefabricated steel buildings makes it almost impossible for pests and other animals to get inside.
- Protective Coating: Steel buildings require little to no maintenance after assembly. This is because of a special coating called Galvalume Plus that helps prevent rusting and basic wear and tear on the arches.
What are common arch-style building uses in Washington?
- Metal garages: The most common application of our buildings in Washington. Our prefab garages and workshops are ideal for anyone who needs extra storage space for an affordable price. Our metal building kits are also easy to assemble–with 70 percent of the work being done on the ground with only one size nut and bolt. Over 80 percent of customers construct their own building, which results in huge labor cost savings.
- Carports: A SteelMaster metal carport can also save you money for decades. It will not rot, warp, buckle, twist, or crack. It is also corrosion resistant, fire resistant and cannot be destroyed termites. Our metal carports come in widths ranging from 12’ to 20’ and in lengths from 18’ to 40’.
- Agriculture: Washington has nearly 40,000 farms growing specialty crops, so it’s no wonder agricultural storage is one of the most common uses of SteelMaster buildings in the state. Whether you own your own farm or need an agricultural building for your business, SteelMaster offers a wide range of customizable agricultural storage buildings that come in different models and sizes.
Are Quonset huts earthquake resistant?
If you live in an area prone to natural disasters, you need a building you can trust in the event a severe storm comes your way. There are several geological hazards in Washington, including earthquakes.
According to the Washington State Department of Natural Resources, earthquakes happen almost every day in Washington but most are too small to be felt or cause damage. However, Washington has the second highest risk in the U.S. of large and damaging earthquakes because of its geological setting.
SteelMaster’s seismic-resistant steel buildings are specially engineered to withstand the extreme forces of an earthquake, protecting both the valuable items inside and the occupants. Our earthquake-resistant building design features make Quonset Huts some of the strongest, most durable structures on earth. When seismic waves violently flow through a structure, the strength of the building’s oscillation depends on its mass and its stiffness.
A Quonset Hut is constructed as one unit, which evenly distributes the energy caused by seismic waves to its concrete foundation with little chance of damage.
Are Quonset huts resistant against volcanoes?
Washington has five active volcanoes that are part of the Cascade Range: Mount Baker, Glacier Peak, Mount Rainier, Mount St. Helens and Mount Adams. Needless to say, residents throughout the state are at risk of volcanic hazards because the volcanoes tend to erupt explosively and can cause significant damage.
SteelMaster’s metal buildings are specifically engineered to withstand extreme natural and manmade conditions, including fire-related disasters.
A SteelMaster building in Hawaii was still standing after being surrounded by lava in Leilani Estates near Pahoa. The endwalls were gone, but the steel arches were still standing. This is because the eruption temperature of Kilauea lava is about 2,140 degrees Fahrenheit. It takes more than that amount of heat, 2,500 degrees, for our steel to even begin to burn.
Washington certified buildings
Talk to a building specialist
"*" indicates required fields