Steel is an extremely valuable material due to its strength, durability and cost effectiveness. The material has thrived for many centuries and has played a significant role in the production of skyscrapers, automobiles, and more. Steel is in fact one of the most versatile and important materials in the world, but few know many facts about the impressive material.
Here are 10 facts you might not know about steel:
- Steel is the most recycled material on Earth. It can be recycled for up to 150 years after it is produced!
- Modern steel is much more efficient than it used to be. The steel produced today is not only much stronger than steel of the past, but it is also about a third lighter.
- Steel has been used for over 1,000 years. In the 1800’s, it was mainly used for swords, tools, and cutlery.
- Steel is 1,000 times stronger than iron!
- Despite its strength, steel roofs weigh significantly less than roofs made from asphalt, fiberglass and concrete.
- There are more than 3,500 different gauges of steel.
- Steel is one of the strongest materials in the world.
- Over $10 billion has been invested in the research and development of a higher quality steel material.
- The steel industry is thriving. Currently, 8 million people work in the steel trade.
- Daily steel production is prolific. For example, 548 Eiffel Towers could be built with the production of steel in just one day.
SteelMaster buildings uses the highest quality steel on the market. We offer applications from homes, garages, storage buildings, aircraft hangars and more. Our steel can be used for residential or commercial use and is disaster resistant. Due to the strength of our steel, our buildings are built to survive fires and hurricanes.