Steel building kits designed just for Montana
Metal Building Projects Built in Montana
SteelMaster’s building specialists have designed hundreds of buildings for Montana residents.
Our do-it-yourself Quonset huts are precut and predrilled at the factory and the shell of the building only requires one size nut and bolt. There is little to no maintenance after assembly due to the building’s durability and organic protective coating, Galvalume Plus.
Steel Building Uses for Montana Industries
Are Quonsets good for ag storage?
Agriculture is one of the primary sectors of Montana’s economy. Commodities may vary depending on the region of the state, including:
- Rocky Mountain and Great Plains: Beef cattle, sheep, grain, sugar beets, potatoes fruit
- Golden Triangle & Northeastern Montana: Grains (wheat and barley)
- Rest of the state: Livestock for beef, cattle, and sheep production
There are several benefits to owning a Quonset hut agricultural storage building:
- Clear Span Design: Unlike pole barn kits, Quonset huts do not require the use of beams and trusses to stand. Every SteelMaster building is self-supporting, which leaves plenty of room on the interior to easily store large items and plenty of products and large equipment.
- Little to No Maintenance: Although they can be a little more expensive, steel barn kits are an ideal choice in the long term because they require little to no maintenance after assembly. This is because SteelMaster uses a coating called Galvalume Plus that helps to prevent rusting and basic wear and tear on the arches.
- Built to Last: Our steel agricultural buildings are some of the strongest structures in the industry. Every SteelMaster Quonset Hut is constructed with high-quality, commercial-grade steel that is corrugated at our factory to further enhance the strength of the building.
How long do Quonset huts last?
SteelMaster Quonset huts can last decades due to their durable, corrugated steel and Galvalume Plus coating to protect the steel from the elements. All SteelMaster structures come with a 40 year warranty.
Can Quonset huts be used for the Montana mining industry?
Montana is named the Treasure State for a reason! It is known for its abundant natural and mineral resources, including coal, copper, gold, manganese, sapphire, silver, lead, oil and zinc. Last Chance Gulch, which is now the city of Helena, produced nearly $4 billion worth of gold in today’s dollars. At the end of the 19th century, the mines of Montana made Helena home to the most millionaires per capita than any other city in the world.
Our steel building kits can be used for mining storage buildings. The clear span design is helpful in storing bulk materials and expensive mining equipment.
Plus, when work is finished at one mining site, SteelMaster Quonset huts can be taken apart and moved to the next location. The size and design of your mining building will determine the best way to move it. All you have to do is uncouple the building arches and rebuild the structure in the new desired location.
Montana certified buildings
Talk to a building specialist
"*" indicates required fields