The need for shelter and mobile medical clinics or portable hospitals is the greatest after a disaster hits, which means the ability to rapidly deploy structures is crucial. In addition to food, clean water, and medical assistance, temporary or permanent shelters are essential in the recovery of communities.
Quonset Emergency Shelters Across The World
Temporary emergency relief shelters are not only important for people who have been displaced due to disasters and crises but also for the influx of people who come to assist in any life-saving efforts.
The shipping container the arches are shipped in can become an important part of the construction. That is exactly how “Clinic in a Can” works.
Clinic in a Can has built pop up clinics in Barbuda, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Haiti, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Kenya, South Sudan, the United States of America, the United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia.
Why Quonset Huts Make Great Emergency Relief Shelters
- Quick Construction: Quonset huts can be quickly erected, but still provide substantial protection against the elements and other natural disasters.
- Portable: To move the building from one emergency to another, simply take the building apart and reassemble it in another location.
- Rapid Deployment: This is crucial for remote or isolated places where a traditional hospital or emergency housing is impractical.
- Easily Expandable: If you need to expand your field hospital building to increase capacity, you can purchase more arches to add to your structure for more space.
- Usable Interior Space: The entire space can be utilized and configured to fit the medical needs of patients, hospital beds, and other equipment.
- Durability: Quonset huts are built to withstand harsh weather extremes so should disaster strike a community again, Quonsets are up to the challenge.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
TALK TO A BUILDING SPECIALIST!
"*" indicates required fields
Above-Ground Shelter – Build Before The Storm
If you’re in an area that is prone to natural disasters, purchasing and assembling a Quonset hut is a great option to plan ahead of the storm. SteelMaster customers Jana and Jerry G., who live in Alaska, are prime examples of this.
The investment paid off when an earthquake hit the state of Alaska in 2018. Jerry and Jana woke up to their home violently shaking and quickly realized it was an earthquake.
When the earthquake was over, Jana and Jerry noticed their SteelMaster Quonset Hut garage was still in perfect condition.
The couple was so impressed with how their workshop performed during the storm, they decided to purchase a SteelMaster prefabricated home.