Assistant Sales Manager In Virginia Beach
One of Virginia’s Top 100 Best Places to Work, SteelMaster could be the opportunity that’s right for you. We’re looking for a motivated assistant sales manager with people and sales skills.
As our leads and customer base grow, we have hundreds of consumers waiting to speak with our team every day. We rely on you to help lead the team that links our clients with high-quality, long-lasting steel structures.
About The Position:
Looking for a rewarding career growth opportunity? Look no further! SteelMaster Buildings has an exciting opening available for you as an assistant sales manager at our Virginia Beach office.
As an assistant manager, you will work closely with the division director of our residential department to manage a team of sales representatives. You will also be able to participate in monthly sales performance challenges, end-of-the-month company luncheons and other employee appreciation activities.
The ideal assistant sales manager will have a ‘go-getter’ attitude, competitive drive and the desire to move upward in their career. Qualified candidates will have a sales background and embrace the ‘hustle’ of a sales work environment.
Compensation & Benefits Package
- Total compensation package of $50,000 – $95,000+ (salary + uncapped commissions)
- Uncapped performance bonuses
- 40 hour Monday thru Friday work week (No weekends)
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation, holiday, bereavement and sick days
- Employee wellness program
Assistant Sales Manager Requirements:
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline to meet or exceed targets from company-provided customer inquiries
- Identify and develop customer needs
- Negotiate and close steel building sales
- Ability to consistently meet/exceed sales goals
- Help train new employees
- Strong communication skills, open to training, and desire to win
- Provide leadership and direction to employees
- Motivating employees and ensuring a focus on the company’s mission and goals
- Knowledge or experience in the construction or building materials industry is preferred but not required.
Assistant Sales Manager Skills:
- Leadership experience a plus
- Competitive, personable, and driven to succeed
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word and Excel. CRM experience is preferred by not required.
SteelMaster Buildings is the leading supplier of the highest quality arched steel buildings on the market. In our nearly 40 years of business, we are proud to have served over 50,000 customers.
Learn why SteelMaster was named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work in Virginia by Virginia Business, Virginia Chamber of Commerce and the Virginia Society of HR Management.
Read what sets SteelMaster Buildings apart from our competition.
Check out some of our accolades.
Meet your future teammates and see buildings they help design and sell.
See what our customers are saying about us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
How big is the team I’m joining?
Our residential sales team ranges from 25-35 employees, while our corporate headquarters ranges between 55-70 employees.
How many managers will I work with? How many people will report to me?
You will work with other managers and a director of sales. The number of people that report to you will depend upon your abilities. We will work with you to ensure the optimum number that makes you the most successful. That number is typically between two and five.
What’s the opportunity for advancement as an Assistant Sales Manager?
There are many opportunities to grow within SteelMaster! Once you learn the sales process, are successful, and have a desire for leadership, promotion from within is available and achievable. We also have multiple departments, different product lines, languages, and focuses all geared around our basic philosophy of selling and supporting the sales experience.
When can I expect to start receiving commission?
Commissions are paid every two weeks. Within the first week of employment, you will have an opportunity to be on the phones and close sales. If you are selected for a leadership position, there is a lucrative bonus structure based on your team’s ability to hit its goals and perform.
Are commissions and bonuses really uncapped?
Yes. Our lead flow over the last 18 months has dramatically increased by thousands per month. As a result, there are plenty of opportunities to sell daily! Commissions, monthly and annual bonuses are all completely uncapped.
Why is SteelMaster a great place to work?
At SteelMaster, we encourage a culture of honesty and helpfulness while creating and fun yet productive environment. We value work-life balance to help our employees feel energized and excited to come to work and strive to create a workplace in which our employees feel valued.