Assistant Sales Manager
As our company continues to grow, SteelMaster Buildings is looking to add to our inside sales team an energetic, motivated assistant sales manager with a strong desire to succeed.
About The Position:
Looking for a rewarding career growth opportunity? Look no further! SteelMaster Buildings has an exciting opening available for you as an assistant sales manager at our Virginia Beach office.
The ideal assistant sales manager will have a ‘go-getter’ attitude, competitive drive and the desire to move upward in their career. Qualified candidates will have a sales background and embrace the ‘hustle’ of a sales work environment.
As an assistant manager, you will work closely with the division director of our residential department to manage a team of sales representatives. You will also be able to participate in monthly sales performance challenges, end-of-the-month company luncheons and other employee appreciation activities.
Individuals looking to build a solid foundation in management are the best fit for this position. Working closely on a sales team of managers will give you the opportunity continue to develop your skills in leadership.
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline to meet or exceed targets from company provided customer inquiries
- Identify and develop customer needs
- Negotiate and close steel building sales
- Ability to consistently meet/exceed sales goals
- Help train new employees
- Strong communication skills, open to training, and desire to win
- Provide leadership and direction to employees
- Motivating employees and ensuring a focus on the company’s mission and goals
- Knowledge or experience in the construction or building materials industry is preferred but not required.
- Leadership experience a plus
- Competitive, personable, and driven to succeed
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word and Excel. CRM experience is preferred by not required.
What we’ll offer you:
- Total compensation package of $50,000 – $95,000+ (uncapped) which includes a salary, commissions and bonuses with no commission caps.
- 40 hour Monday thru Friday work week (No weekends)
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation, holiday, bereavement and sick days
- Employee wellness program
SteelMaster Buildings is the leading supplier of the highest quality arched steel buildings on the market. In our nearly 40 years of business, we are proud to have served over 50,000 customers.
In 2019, we have continued the string of best years in our nearly 40 year company history, so we need to expand our sales staff to meet market demand. SteelMaster Buildings has been honored with various awards including the INC. Magazine 5000 Fast Growing Companies, Top 10 Companies to Watch in Hampton Roads, 12 to Watch Small Businesses in Virginia, and the Roaring 20 Award for Hampton Roads’ fastest growing, most dynamic business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.