The C-Model is available in lengths from 18′ to 40′ and widths span from 12′ to 20′. There are two main uses for the C-Model: carports and industrial canopies.
Quonset Hut Models
Find the Right Quonset Hut Model
So you’ve finally decided that a Quonset hut is the right building for you. Now it’s time to get down to the finer details, like what Quonset hut model will best suit your needs.
What All SteelMaster Quonset Hut Models Have in Common:
- Galvalume Plus coating with Energy Star rating, which makes the buildings eco-friendly and virtually maintenance free
- Unobstructed interior space (no beams or trusses)
- Include State Stamped Engineered Blueprints
- Pre-cut panels with only one size nut and bolt
- Resistant against natural disasters, i.e. tornadoes, hurricanes, fire, earthquakes, and heavy wind/snow
- Use nothing less than 22 gauge steel
Steel Building Models for All Needs
- Widths of 17′ to 40’+
- 100 percent usable space, durability with a traditional gable appearance
- 4:12 pitch roofline with straight walls
- Allows easy palletizing/shelf or storage space
- Widths of 10′ to 60’+
- Straight sidewalls and a rounded roofline
- Round roof deflects wind and snow
- Provides overhead space for taller items or lofted area
- Widths of 20′ to 70’+
- Classic semi-circular structure
- Became popular during World War II
- Most popular model for Quonset hut homes
- Widths of 22′ to 50’+
- Best for areas with heavy snow loads
- 4:12 pitch roofline
- Slanted walls
Which Quonset Hut Model Is Right For You?
The two most important considerations in choosing the Quonset model are the shape of the building and your area’s code and load requirements.
For most applications, the Quonset model is more of a preference for the building profile than anything, though there may be some additional considerations mandated by your local building authority. No matter your engineering requirements or the specific application you have in mind, we have a Quonset model for you.
Quonset Model Roof & Wall Pitch Options
The shape of any Quonset model is determined by the angles of its roof and wall. Every Quonset model is a combination of two different roof pitches and two different wall pitches all providing you with options for your next building
Pitched Or Arched Roofs
There are two types of roofs available for Quonset models, they can either have a 4:12 roof pitch or a rounded arch. While arch buildings are considered to be the strongest building design generally, a 4:12 roof pitch’s shape is slightly more structurally sound and is suggested for applications where heavy snow loads may be of concern.
Straight Side Walls or Complete Arch
The walls of a Quonset hut can either be straight or part of the arch. Similar to the 4:12 pitch in roofing, arched walls are seen as more ideal for climate with severe snow and wind load considerations.
Models for Custom Designs
Talk with a building specialist
Fill out the form below to get started on your project
"*" indicates required fields